Best in the industry 10+2 warranty on all Haines Signature models
Haines Signature has been manufacturing, pioneering and refining our craft since 1959. We strive to continue to set the benchmark for trailerable fibreglass boats in Australia and build each boat with our Haines Signature DNA.
We believe in the quality and workmanship of our boats. That’s why every boat (built from 2011 onwards) is backed by an industry leading 10+2 year warranty (10 year structural, 2 year parts), so that our customers can be confident on the water knowing they’re on board Australia’s best built boat.
Warranty terms and conditions
New Boat 10+2 Warranty (2011 Models) / 5+2 Warranty (pre-2011 Models)
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of the product which you have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and any other applicable law, The Haines Group Pty Ltd ATF The Haines Group Trust (“THG”) warrants with respect to each new boat manufactured by THG and sold by THG or a THG authorised distributor (the “Boat”) that:
- for a period of one hundred and twenty (120) months from the date of the original retail sale, THG will repair or replace the hull or deck of the Boat if structurally defective; (note: any models prior to 2011 manufacturing year have a structural warranty of sixty (60) months)
- for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date of the original retail sale, THG will repair or replace free of charge any other part of the Boat found to be defective in factory materials or workmanship under normal use and operation within Australia. Please note that unless otherwise required by law, this warranty does not cover gelcoat deterioration or damage, windscreen leakage, decals and “tea- staining”.
For the purposes of this warranty, the terms: “structurally defective” means containing a defect that causes the hull or deck to be unsafe or unfit for use in normal operating conditions; “hull” means the single fibreglass moulded shell and integral fibreglass structural components below the hull flange; and “deck” means the single fibreglass moulded shell and internal fibreglass structural components above the hull flange.
This warranty applies only where:
- The Boat:
- has been properly used and operated;
- has not been fitted with an engine (or engines) which exceed the maximum horsepower or engine/transom weights specified by THG;
- has been properly maintained and cared for;
- has not been used for either water-ski racing or ocean racing or any other form of competition use or for commercial use;
- has not been modified or altered after having been delivered by THG;
- The trailer is correctly adjusted and meets THG minimum trailer requirements.
- All warranty work is approved by THG before repairs are carried out.
- The repair or replacement is carried out by an authorised THG dealer or by some other person approved in writing by THG prior to the repair or replacement being carried out.
- Any claim under this warranty must be made in writing, setting out full details of the problem encountered, addressed and sent by post
to Warranty Manager, The Haines Group Pty Ltd, 140 Viking Drive, Wacol QLD 4076 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within
the period of:
- 120 months from the date of the original retail sale, if the claim is regarding a structural defect; or
- 24 months from the date of the original retail sale, for any other claim under this warranty.
This warranty will only become effective upon receipt by THG, within one month of the original retail sale, of the duly completed THG Online Warranty Registration form. You must bear all of the costs of claiming under this warranty. In particular, you are responsible for arranging and paying for the return of your Boat to THG, or an authorised repairer as directed by THG.
To the greatest extent permitted by law:
- the liability of THG under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of defective part or parts, or the cost of such repair or replacement approved by THG prior to the repair or replacement being carried out; and
- provided that THG complies with this warranty, THG has no liability under this warranty for any consequential or other loss caused by or arising out of, or relating to the defective part or parts, whether or not caused or contributed to by the negligence or breach of contract of THG or its employees, agents or contractors.
DISCLAIMER: Weights throughout this website are as accurate as can be reasonably determined in terms of boat, motor, trailer and fit out combinations. We suggest customers regard the weights as advisory, as so many variations can occur that are beyond the control of The Haines Group Pty Ltd. Models that include self-draining decks are for wash down purposes only and water can sit on the sole of the cockpit in some circumstances. Customers should also note that water could enter the bilge area if the flexible sealant used on various joins is not maintained. Customers are also reminded the photographs in this website do show many optional and non-standard features or accessories. Further, as The Haines Group Pty Ltd is constantly working to build a better product, always check with your Haines Signature dealer to ensure you have the latest specifications and price lists, as we reserve the right to change specifications, fittings, inventory and prices without notice. The following trade marks are the registered property of either The Haines Group Pty Ltd or Haines Marine Industries Pty Ltd: Signature Lifestyle Boating, Lifestyle Boating, Signature Synergy, Signature Benchmark, Logo Mark, Lifestyle Cruising, SVDH in Class 12, Haines Signature, Signature, Signature Variable Deadrise SVDH. Signature Variable Deadrise Technology is covered by numerous Australian and international patents.